Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Images not displaying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rweetch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Images not displaying
    Posted: 26 Sep 11 at 4:52PM
I have an app (using version 7.x) which runs continually on a server and produces pdf's without any problem.

However, every so often it fails to prodcue some of the images, images it has handled fine until a particular point after which they never get included in the output. This could I suppose be a memory issue, but I'm not sure. I would very much like to be able to test for this problem but not being able to reproduce it in the devlopment environment it is tricky.

Any ideas waht I could test to see if teh image has been included? the code for merging them is fairly basic:

ImageFile := PdfLibrary.AddImageFromFile(ifn, ImgOpts);

if PDFLibrary.PageCount > 1 then
    PDFLibrary.SelectPage(PDFLibrary.GetFormFieldPage(fldID));

PDFLibrary.FitImage(uLeft, uTop, uWd, uHt, 1, 1, uRotate);

Thanks

Russell
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 11 at 2:47AM
1. Have you monitored the memory usage on the Server to make sure all memory is being freed.  If there is a memory leak then memory usage will increase gradually.

2. One option may be to automatically close down your app after a set number of pages or time and then have it automatically restart itself.

3. I assume you are checking the return values.  ImageFile would equal 0 if it failed.

Andrew.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic