Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

PDF Clone Pages issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PDF Clone Pages issue
    Posted: 08 Jul 11 at 7:33PM

I am working on a VB6 application and I have successfully cloned the number of pages I need using the 1st and only page in the existing PDF file as the master page. If I save the file at that point, the correct number of pages is in the new PDF file. However if I add a text string to the 1st page and only the first page (at least that is what I am trying to do), after I save the file and then reopen the file in Acrobat, the string I inserted is on all pages. I thought the clone page only copied the requested # of pages.

If I place the text on the cloned pages only, then they appear correctly. However then I have one extra page in the PDF file (the first). By the way, I can not delete that first page, or the background image of page 1 is removed from all the cloned pages and all I have in my file afterwards are the correct # of pages but only the text string - none of the information from the original Page 1.

Confused
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 11 at 9:31AM
It sounds like the cloned pages are using shared content streams which are referenced from the first page. After you have done the cloning try calling the RemoveSharedLayers function to remove any shared content streams. This is sometimes necessary when using the ClonePages or CapturePage functions.
yalsch View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yalsch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 11 at 7:39PM
Hi Rowan,

Thanks for that tip. It worked perfectly,

Yale

Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic