Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Printing on Matrix printer -> letters distorted
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Printing on Matrix printer -> letters distorted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mortzde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Printing on Matrix printer -> letters distorted
    Posted: 08 Jun 11 at 8:28AM
Hi,

if i print on a matrix printer the letters in the printout are distorted/crackled, it is hard to describe. It's like there is a scaling which is not calculated properly. The same printout on a laserprinter is printing fine.

Do you have any idea? I use quickpdf 7.24 and

qp.PrintDocument(newpr, 1, qp.PageCount, qp.PrintOptions(0, 0, reportname));

does anyone have an idea?

Thanks,

Martin 
dsola View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 11 at 12:11PM
Did You try to print that PDF from Adobe Reader to that matrix printer and compare results?

D.
registered QuickPDF user
mortzde View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mortzde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 11 at 8:06AM
yes,

Adobe reader is printing fine.

Martin
JanN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JanN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 11 at 1:22PM
Please keep in mind, that QuickPdf prints differently than Adobe Reader. QuickPdf renders the pages and then submits an image to the printer. Whereas Adobe really communicates with the printer driver and submits text if possible.

Someone correct me please if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Printing images on a matrix printer in most cases is a bad idea.

Edited by JanN - 15 Jun 11 at 1:23PM
dsola View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsola Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 11 at 9:03AM
Can You send me that PDF for testing?

Regards,
Davor
registered QuickPDF user
BukeMan View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BukeMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 11:20AM
hello!
is there any progress in that direction? our company just faced the same issue with 9-pin matrix printer. from Adobe Reader it prints fine..
edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 1:49PM
Hi,

as JanN wrote: you try to print an image (made by rendering) on a device with very low resolution.

Let's assume every line has 4mm high letters on 9 needles, so the printer realizes much less than 72dpi. Thats less as on screen! And in the image, there is not exactly one pixel for every needleposition on paper. Needles and pixels dont match. So it cannot be quality. Its the same as with fax-communication.

It is rather sure that adobe goes another (more complicated) way, depending more on the possibilities of use printer.

You should think about another way (textextraction, printing without QPL).

Cheers,
Werner
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 12 at 10:46AM

It could be related to printer driver settings where the default setting are low quality.  It may require some work with the DEVMODE structure to set the correct quality settings in the QPL Customer Custom printer before printing.

QP.LoadFromFile("PrintDocumentTest.pdf", "");
    int op = QP.PrintOptions(1, 0, "Hello World");

string printer = QP.NewCustomPrinter(QP.GetDefaultPrinterName());

int ret = QP.SetupCustomPrinter(printer, 5, 1);  // Print Quality = High

ret = QP.PrintDocument(printer, 1, MyPageCount(), op);

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic