Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > Library Downloads
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Final version of Quick PDF Library 7.21 released
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Final version of Quick PDF Library 7.21 released

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Final version of Quick PDF Library 7.21 released
    Posted: 17 Aug 10 at 7:45PM
After a longer than usual release cycle, Quick PDF Library 7.21 has been released and is now ready for download. It's an existing new release with a ton of new functions and some very important bug fixes and enhancements.

But just quietly, I think version 7.22 is going to be even more exciting. We're doing some final testing on support for something that starts with a J and finishes with a 2... If you guessed JBIG2, then yes, you're correct! We'll have a public beta ready for you in the next couple of weeks.

In the mean time, enjoy the new 7.21 release!
Ruturaaj View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruturaaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 4:02AM
Don't tell me??!! Are you seriously working on JBIG2??!! I'm eagerly waiting for the test release then. With implementation of JBIG2 encoding, I think the resulting PDFs will be far smaller. Is your implementation of encoder segmenting page into sections correctly? That's actually the main issue with JBIG2 implementation. Usually, QM is implemented for compressing content which not text content or couldn't be realized as half-tone. I'm really curious to see how QP handles this everything. Good move on making the QP more optimized for quality and size than just filling it up with some ready functions to do the PDF related tasks. Well done Bro!

Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 10 at 12:29PM
Hi Ruturaaj, I think I might have gotten your hopes up a bit too high. Yes, we're supporting JBIG2, but for now it will just be in the renderer, so that Quick PDF Library will be able to render PDF files that use JBIG2 image compression. In the future (I don't know when yet) we'll look at adding JBIG2 as an option for when compressing a document.

I hope you're still a little bit excited. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic