Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can QuickPDF Accomplish This?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dalej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can QuickPDF Accomplish This?
    Posted: 28 Apr 10 at 7:53PM
I have a relatively simple - but somewhat unusual - task to accomplish. I need to modify a large number of PDF documents to add a registration and tracking process. Because of the volume involved, this would have to be done programmatically. 

Each PDF needs to have 1) a short registration form inserted after page no. X, and 2) an HTTP POST,  or REST, or email or some notification of some sort sent to a main web server when a form registration is completed, and 3) a mechanism wherey the document can be "unlocked" after registration so the rest of the document past page no. X becomes readable or visible.

I suspect that task #1 and #2 are not difficult even if you have to work around the built-in security constraints of a PDF - but I am uncertain how to approach task #3. This might be something as simple as removing a very dark watermark that makes reading the PDF difficult or ??

I have 2 questions:

a) Can you offer any suggestions as to how this "unlocking/locking" might be attempted?
B) Would the QuickPDF product have the tools to accomplish this?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic