Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New QuickPDF and changes on old 5.14+ version

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New QuickPDF and changes on old 5.14+ version
    Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 8:43AM
Hi Karl,

Maybe a rough estimation? More then three/six monthes?

I post here some of my experiences with 7.12 to help other users:

- Installation of source edition has a wrong directory hierarchy: obj must be a subfolder of source
(otherwise QuickPDFFlate will never compile)

- Using Delphi2009 I can not compile! Reason in QuickPDFRenderer TPDFRenderer.FErrordesc needs to be ANSIstring not string!

- why have the class be renamed to TQuickPDF0712 (same for main unit)? Does it mean that after every release I have to scan all my code and change the names ???

- Was there any reason to rename public functions: EncodePermissions instead of Permissions,
GetFontID instead of FontID ? I don't like such breaking things if they are not absolutly necessary

best regards,
Ulrich

deabrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 7:46AM
Hi Ulrich,

Thanks for your note -- I can totally understand your situation. Yes, the changes are going to be incorporated and will be done so by 7.13.

It's difficult to provide you with an exact date, and I wouldn't want to do so before being relatively sure about it.

I'll make another post in the next week with more information on this. Feel free to contact us via the support forum if you have specific functions which are problematic for you.

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php

Cheers - Karl
ukobsa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ukobsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 09 at 7:42AM
Hi,

we just bought the new 7.12 version of QuickPDF and after a short comparison of the source code with our own version (which is most of latest 6.xx + own recent enhancements) we found that none of the former changes of version 6 is implemented in version 7.12

will there be a version 7.13 that incorporates all the changes? If yes, when will it be available?

For the moment this new 7.12 is totally useless for us and we will stay on our own version.

best regards,
Ulrich
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic