Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rendering problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WaZZu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rendering problems
    Posted: 23 Mar 09 at 3:31AM
Hello,

I'm having problems rendering the following PDF:
https://www.mirabaud.com/jset/mirabaud/wwwmirabaudcom/data/communication/publications/mirabaud/presse_fr.pdf

Is this a bug or improper usage of the library? You may notice differences on page 1, page 6, and so on(Compared with Adobe Reader 9).
I'm using latest QuickPDF 7.12 DLL library.

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
-wz.
magi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 09 at 1:37PM
Hi WaZZu,

Don't think it's your code. I get the same result, (black squares, missing text, etc.) with my Quick PDF based viewer.

I am using the new "RenderToDC" function in 7.12.

Marc
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 2:03AM
Hi Guys,

We've replicated this issue on our end and can confirm that it is a bug. We have found the cause of the problem (an unhandled ICCBased alternative in a separation color space) and fixed it.

The bug fix will be included in version 7.13.

Cheers,
Rowan
magi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 9:40AM
Hi Rowan,

Thanks for squashing that bug so fast, here is another file you may want to try rendering with your “freshly debugged” Wink code:

This one displays the graphics fine but none of the text (fonts) displays and, the first page renders really slow. Works fine in Adobe Reader.

All the best,

Marc

Edited by magi - 24 Mar 09 at 9:43AM
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 09 at 7:50PM
Hi Marc,

No problem, happy to help.

We're looking at the font issue with the fhb_art_tile_floor_us.pdf file. Unfortunately it looks like an issue with the Type1 font parser. Type1 fonts are somewhat difficult to work with, so it will take a little bit of time to identify and fix the exact issue.

I don't have an ETA on when this issue will be fixed, but I will post back here when I have more information.

Cheers,
Rowan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic