Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quickpdf and Citrix [SOLVED]

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quickpdf and Citrix [SOLVED]
    Posted: 03 Mar 09 at 9:01AM
Hi,
One problem never comes alone...
In addition to my A3 printing problem, I've got another one :
If I try to execute my application from Citrix environment, I've got the following error when loading Quickpdf object :
"Erreur Automation
Une routine d'initialisation d'une bibliothèque de liens dynamiques (DLL) a échoué."
Any idea ?
Eddy

Edited by Eddy - 05 Mar 09 at 3:26AM
DELBEKE View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 09 at 9:15AM
Hi, The dll is an activeX dll, so it must be registered .
In Citrix envirenment, I supposed it must be registered on each terminal.

Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 09 at 10:33AM
Hi Delbeke,
Thank you for your reply.
I think the issue come from a permission problem. We have registred the ised.dll into the citrix user session, but the error always raises when instanciate the quickpdf object : "runtime error 217".
Notice that, in Excel vba, the dll can be referenced normally,, the object explorer can view all the properties and function of the ised.dll, but an error is raised when executing the code following code :
"Dim opdf As iSED.QuickPDF
Set opdf = New iSED.QuickPDF" ==> raises a 217 error

Dim opdf As Object
Set opdf = CreateObject("iSED.QuickPDF") ==> raises a 217 error

What is called when object is initiallised ?

Eddy

Edited by Eddy - 03 Mar 09 at 10:40AM
DELBEKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 09 at 1:32PM
Sorry, i don't know what is error 217.
If your iiSed.dll has been correctly registered, it should work.
When initialising the object, only memory is used.
Your code is correct.
I don't have any others idea. Perhaps some else ?

Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 3:31AM
Hi,
I finally solve this problem too.
It was just a problem of permission. I don't know exactly what was wrong, but with a standard user, with no particular right, every thing works fine...
So, thank you Delbeke and sorry for the convenience.
Eddy
DELBEKE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELBEKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 4:58AM
Hi Eddy

If you find more informations about this issue, this may help other users.
Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 5:14AM
Yes. It is the reason why I've posted my last message... If I discover more information about those persmissions, I will post here. Furthermore, I think that it was my user profil which was not good.
++
Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 5:50AM
Well, I think I was a little bit optimistic...
My problem is not solved. I am able to instanciate the qickpdf object in my program, but the SaveToFile function does not work. Just like if it does not have enough permission... despite the fact that in my vb6 program I can copy, create modify... pdf files : it works fine...
So, it seems that ised.dll has not the right to generate a .pdf in the local directory of the user, but my user has since the program using ised.dll is able to perform that !!! The more I go through, the more strange it is...
deabrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 6:59PM
Does this work in a non-Citrix environment? i.e. have you checked the code on a local with no-security machine, and perhaps have you checked running on a machine that does have security, such as Windows Vista with UAC enabled.

Note: you may like to try the beta version of 7.12 to see if this assists.

Please respond back to the forum to help others....

Cheers, -Karl
Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 3:29AM
Well, shame on me !!!
The last issue was not an effective issue. In fact, I've tried the beta 7.12 and when I came back to the original version of quickpdf, I forgot to change back the unlock key.

Karl, may I ask you a question ? I have the 6.04 version of quickpdf. Is there a difference between my version and the 7.12 beta version ? Note that I will buy a new licence whatever your response will be Wink...

Thanks a lot to all who helped me.

deabrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deabrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 3:37AM
Thanks for your note -- certainly there will be differences, as to which are positive, and which are negative I am not yet sure. We're doing our very best to see that all current owners of Quick PDF Library (quickpdf) -- whether it be the original 5.11 or updates from quickpdf.org, won't be taking a step backwards in buying the upgrade.

Honestly speaking, the task that we have ahead of us is to correct the bugs as reported, but to also to be sure that any corrections or amendments made can be legally incorporated into our builds.

Rest assured, we're highly aware of the issue and it's one of our number one priorities. Along with adding new features, of course...

Again, I'd invite anyone who does re-encounter bugs that had previously been fixed to lodge them at http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/support/support-query.php

The tech support page goes directly to our developers...

I hope this helps.

Cheers, -Karl

Edited by deabrew - 05 Mar 09 at 3:38AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic