Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding a Gif image with transparency

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adding a Gif image with transparency
    Posted: 18 Feb 09 at 12:57PM
Hi,
I am trying to add a gif image to a pdf file.
Perhaps my question is stupid, but is it possible to manage the transparency of that image if it is a gif file with transparency ?
I perform a AddImageFromFile, before a drawImage... and the result is an image with a white opaque backstyle... Do I do something wrong ?
Thanks in advance.
Eddy

Edited by Eddy - 18 Feb 09 at 12:58PM
Autodidact View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autodidact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 09 at 2:05PM
I have only tried placing PNG-files with transparency, and although the file format supports it, the result was just as you experience with the GIF-file.

Since there are functions for making masks in the library, I tend to belive that transparence within the file is not supported. Check out the SetImageAsMask and SetImageMaskFromImage — and perhaps the ReverseImage.

Maybe I should look into it myself too ... 8o)
Eddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 09 at 5:07PM
 In fact, I'm working on an application in whitch a user can create a pdf file and add images or text in it. So, I can't use the mask, since I don't know in advance whitch kind of image the user will add...
I thought that quickpdf should manage that, may be I'm wrong... or maybe it is a pdf limitation...
Thanks for your answer, even if it is not exactly what I was looking for...

Eddy
Autodidact View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autodidact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 09 at 1:52AM
You can set a mask based on colors in the image as well with SetImageMask/SetImageMaskCMYK, but then it is important that this color is not present in the part of the image that is to be preserved as it will make odd looking holes/gaps. In RGB, using pixels of 100% green should be the safest color to use. Using white would be asking for trouble, and as I see it, there are no way to specify a transparent pixel/color ...

There is also SetClippingPath. Images can have a clipping path added in Photoshop. I assume that would be a bit much to ask from the user to create such a path, and I am not so sure this path is what the documentation refer to but rather a path created with the library. I assume so because the function have no argument to specify the path to use. It only uses the "current path" object.

I guess this is a library limitation, where the creators maybe have chosen the easy route because the library has no support for EPS-vector graphics either, and I could really use that as EMF import is unstable, and neither it or WMF supports CMYK-colors.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic