Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

general question about embeds/attachments

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoolwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: general question about embeds/attachments
    Posted: 18 May 17 at 6:29PM
I'm not familiar with the different ways of embedding or attaching things to PDF files. I'm wondering if these options are discussed anywhere.

I've got a situation where we want to use some PDF files as templates for a Delphi app that will collect the data, stuff it into the PDF file, then submit the forms electronically somewhere. We need to associate some metadata with each form that the program needs to read and use to process each form, and it makes sense to embed that data into the form somehow rather than keeping it separate, maybe as an INI file or something like that.

Has anybody done something along this line? Is it a good idea? Is there any sort of preferred approach? eg., use a stream to access the attachment vs. saving to file?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic