Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Invalid class string (ASP)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Autodidact Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Invalid class string (ASP)
    Posted: 17 Dec 07 at 5:56PM
In my previous post, I mentioned that I wanted to do more testing of my ASP code on a second computer before asking my web host to 'install' the component. Doing so opened up another issue, that I've yet to resolve..

After registering the ActiveX DLL (iSED.DLL), ASP reports my (previously working) class string as invalid - as if the DLL wasn't registered after all.

I've unregistered it, registered again, also with a newly downloaded file (in case the copying corrupted it), with no luck.

Any suggestions on how to attack this problem?
marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 07 at 5:11AM
Hi there,
there are 2x possible sollutions:
1. You have to pay attention if your ASP environment, the user under which is hosted de ASP application has access to your DLL folder (ACCESS-DENIED ERROR).
2. In case of ASP.NET application there is a workaround with which you can expose the ActiveX dll without using the COM engine. But this solution works only for ASP.NET in case you have the source code available (or, in case you don't have the source code with a custom solution provided though sponsoring).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic