Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Words are stick together in text

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Words are stick together in text
    Posted: 09 May 07 at 11:43PM
Hi all!

I have a problem with the extracted text:
DISPLAY TEXT

Genome assemblies rely on the existence of transcript sequence to stitch together
contigs, verify assembly of whole genome shotgun reads, and annotate genes.

EXTRACTED TEXT:

"OZLJFV+Times-Roman",#000000,11.99,90.0327,667.5599,482.5200,667.5599,482.5200,678.4310,90.0327,678.4310,"Genomeassembliesrelyontheexistenceoftranscriptsequencetostitchtogether"
"OZLJFV+Times-Roman",#000000,11.99,90.0327,639.9618,468.9583,639.9618,468.9583,650.8329,90.0327,650.8329,"contigs,verifyassemblyofwholegenomeshotgunreads,andannotategenes."

FILE(one page)

So, why many words in the extracted text are stick together?? Wrong PDF Format or what?

Edited by Dmitry - 09 May 07 at 11:47PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 07 at 1:31AM
Hi!

I can extract the text only without spaces, too.
I'm doing it with QuickPDF 5.21
Perhaps the problem is that the document was made with the 1.6 specs?!

Best regards,
Ingo

Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 07 at 2:57AM
Ingo, what mean's "1.6 specs" ?
Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 07 at 3:02AM
Can you solve this problem or it impossible ?
Also, please tell about ALL problems with the PDF 1.6 why it so specific etc. ?

Edited by Dmitry - 10 May 07 at 4:11AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 07 at 3:14PM
Hi Dmitry!

With Adobe Acrobat 6.0 the extended pdf-specifications 1.5 were published by Adobe... with Adobe Acrobat 7.0 the more and more extended pdf-specifications 1.6 were published. You can download the specs from the adobe-site... a lot of mbytes ;-)

The main developement by iSED stops two years ago - so all new specs cannot be handled proper in QuickPDF.

As long as you're creating pdf-documents with QuickPDF it's not a big problem - if you're working on other pdf-documents it will be a problem in the future.

Best regards,
Ingo

marian_pascalau View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 3:34AM
Hi there,
If I remember well this kind of problem is not regarded to PDF specs. This case is a buggy implementation of Fonts when Fonts use Charset conversions.
Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 4:49AM
Ingo, this file has PDF version 1.2 !
What's wrong this time ?
Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 4:51AM
Hi, marian_pascalau!
And how we can solve this problem ? Maybe you know...
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 5:10AM
Hi Dmitry!

"We" can't solve this problem ...
Please contact Marian. He can do it for you personal but you have to sponsore his work 'cause Marian can't live from the air ;-)

Best regards,
Ingo

Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 5:51AM
It's so strange, Ingo!

I already purchase source codes and I thought that some of my critical bugs would be repaired. Hmmm... Then please tell me, who's received money that I was paid for source codes. Just curious.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 6:47AM
Hi Dmitry!

You can read the sad iSED-story here
http://www.quickpdf.org/

We are not the copyright-owners ... first of all we are users with a non existent support from iSED. So we've puiblished this forum to help each other ... and more. We've already done a lot.

Best regards,
Ingo

Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 7:11AM
Thanks, Ingo!

marian_pascalau, please tell some words about this problem and just said: Could you fix this bug fast or it takes much time and sponsore from me for your work?

Edited by Dmitry - 11 May 07 at 7:11AM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 10:03AM
Dmitry,
this problem should take not so long. If we came to an agrement you can have a fix during the next week (Mo, Tu).

For more details you should contact me over support(at)quickpdf.org. But before we come to an aggrement you should send a bug report to this email address because based on your report we will start our aggrement.

Best regards, Marian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 07 at 10:06AM

Sorry Dmitry,

in your case I have everything I need. You don’t have to write a bug report. I have forgot that you published your file in internet.
Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 07 at 12:00AM
Thanks, marian_pascalau!
I'm looking forward for you fix!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marian_pascalau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 07 at 7:25PM
Dmitry,
I was afraid that you would understand me wrong (I have said only that you need no bug report). At the moment we have no agreement. And more than that I have some other priorities for the next week.In case you want that to come to an agreement you should use the email address I had specified before.
Dmitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dmitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 07 at 8:06AM
Hi, marian_pascalau!
I send you e-mail. Please answer me.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic