Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Unable to unlock QuickPDF in 3rd Party Application
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Unable to unlock QuickPDF in 3rd Party Application

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Unable to unlock QuickPDF in 3rd Party Application
    Posted: 11 May 23 at 10:13AM
To use QuickPDF functions, after creating a instance qp, you would normally call a function to unlock it:

qp := TDebenuPDFLibrary.Create;   
    res := qp.UnlockKey(myunlockkey);

(forgive the Delphi code if you are not familiar with Pascal)

If the myunlockkey string value does not contain the developer's license key, the res value will be zero and the library functions can not be used on the instance. The message you quote seems to be something the calling program issues to report the failure.

Until I bought the QPDF source code, I used to build the license code as a literal into the definition of myunlockkey; but if the program works for you but not for someone else, my guess is that the code is being loaded from a file or a registry value which is not available on the machine where it fails. You would have to consult the developer about this.

If you cannot find the key on your own machine and the program developer cannot help, you might be able to use a utility like PROCMON to report file and registry accesses during startup to find likely candidates.

jaapied View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaapied Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 23 at 1:31AM
Hello,

*** This is a question regarding a 3rd party application that uses debenu quick pdf (DebenuPDFLibrary1115.dll). I am seeking support with the software provider as well. I wanted to find out what this error normally means from people who might actually know ***

At my work, we use a management system called Synergetic. I am one of the administrators of the system and the domain. Synergetic uses QuickPDF to generate statements etc however when a member of staff tries to generate said statements, they will invariably get the message "Unable to unlock QuickPDF". I am able to generate PDFs without issue however.

I wanted to know what this error actually means and if it could be caused by incorrect file permissisons or something of that nature.

I appreciate that you know very little about our system and may not be able to help, I am only after any little pointers or possible places to look. I don't think the software vendor has much idea either to tell the truth.

Thanks,

Jacob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic