Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Character Encoding - Update?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Character Encoding - Update?
    Posted: 14 Apr 23 at 7:37AM
I am using Version 12.12 of the library and  have now the need to print greek letters into the PDFs that I am creating programmatically.
As far as I have seen in the online documentation, version 12 is not capable of doing so - there seems to be only a very limited list of unicode chars that can be used.

Can the newer versions of the library print greek characters (and eventually others like arabic, chinese, etc.)?

Regards,
Martin
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 23 at 10:34AM
I have one ancient machine here which has 12:12 installed, and it seems to support Unicode fully. Of course you need to select a font which includes the Unicode characters you need, and to be using a programming language which allows you to send them to QP.DrawText easily (I use Delphi).

I suggest starting by running the supplied DebenuPDFLibraryDemo.exe, and go to Scripts/Fonts/Add Unicode Text. When I ran this script it created a PDF in the 'output' folder with the correct Chinese text 你好 visible. and when I changed the sample text to Καλημέρα it wrote this into a PDF also.

Then you should be able to convert the script into whatever programming language you are using. And yes, this would be the same in later versions, if it was possible to upgrade, which of course is no longer the case.

If this still fails to work for you, please post some details of the code you are using and I am sure someone here can help.

funkl View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote funkl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 23 at 12:09PM
Thanks, that helped a lot - works now!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic