Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Page Orientation/MergeFileFast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Page Orientation/MergeFileFast
    Posted: 16 Mar 23 at 8:02PM
I have a 4-page PDF where the first 3 pages are Portrait and the last page is Landscape.  I need to merge it as the cover letter with a group of other PDFs.  When I use MergeFileListFast it converts the Landscape page to Portrait.  Is there a way to preserve page orientation when merging files?

Thanks,

Bob
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 23 at 10:18PM
Hi Bob :)

Normally the merged files keep the original layout.
I think your files were created as original in A4 portrait AND THEN rotated.
The merge process will merge with the original layout.

To avoid this behavior you can try before merge a NormalizePage and CombineContentStreams on each file.

Another approach could be:
With SelectPage before merging and then...
PageRotation you'll get the rotation of the selected pages.
Then you can do the merge.
Then you can use again SelectPage on the new merged file and with...
RotatePage you can rotate the pages to the original orientation.

HTH

Would like to read about your further experiences with this issue...

Cheers,
Ingo

BobW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 23 at 11:15PM
The problem was solved by having the customer redo the offending page in portrait.  The content fit just fine without modifying it so it was a simple fix.  The document was created in Word and saved as a PDF.

That original PDF displayed correctly in Acrobat and Reader.  When I selected each page and displayed the height and width they were correct for each page, so Quick PDF knows the last page of the cover letter is landscape,

I tried several approaches to solving the issue on my side like using NormalizePage and CombineContentStreams without any change in the results.     I also tried using SetPageBox but that didn't work either.  None of these would be true solutions since they would require me to know which page has an issue and solve it for that file.  If I supply a customer with an app that allows them to select the cover page, I have no way to know which pages require fixing.

Maybe I am doing something wrong, but since I have a cover letter that works, I'm not going to spend any more time on the problem.

Bob
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic