Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quick PDF end of life

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 22 at 9:37AM
My download of that file in January this year was 207090176 bytes, which Windows shows as 197 MB. It grows after the addition of each supported compiler.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 22 at 11:08AM
Sorry...
But you can't be carefully enough being online ;-)
I've compared it with my source license download and this was always muuuuuuuuuch smaller ;-)
Sorry again.
@Christophe: I'm wondering why Foxit post this permanent link for the compiled version.
Is it the test version?

Cheers,
Ingo

Leo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 22 at 4:35AM
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows if the latest version - 18 - supports natively Apple Silicon processors?

I bought v.17 some three years ago. 

I does work on Silicon Macs - but only in Rosetta (emulation) mode. So I can't compile native Silicon apps as long as they use the library.

I know I can't buy the latest version anymore whether it supports Silicon or not. Still it'd be helpful to know.

Thanks,
Leo
miaomiao View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miaomiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 22 at 8:58AM
18.22版本不能使用,其他人可以使用吗
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Dec 22 at 9:43PM
If the google translation works okay:
Miaomiao tells something like...
The last version 18:22 doesn't have native support for Apple Silicon processors.

Cheers,
Ingo

tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 22 at 12:42PM
>  Is it the test version?

It is identical to the 18.22 I downloaded last January which had the same link, so it needs its license key. The source code link sent to me in the same e-mail from Leonardo Martello is of course now dead.
m_alam View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m_alam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 22 at 12:51PM
Greetings..

@Ingo and anyone expert than me :)

As QPL/DPL is no more

I am happy with 18.11 as it's have almost all the function that is required for any pdf task. Only option that is missing is full Unicode support for all language specially South Asian (Bangla) as it requires glyph ans special shaping.

I am wondering quickpdf is live for many years than other new born library like gembox.pdf, but gembox can handle Unicode (my langue as well) very well, then why qpl can't?

however, is there any chance to wait for hope that someday it will get an update that will support proper Unicode?

thanks in advance and i will really appreciate if any body can reply to my question..

best regards
Leo View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 22 at 8:04AM
Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

The last version 18:22 doesn't have native support for Apple Silicon processors.

With some delay:

Thanks for the info, Ingo!

That's good to know. At least I now know there's no point to even try to pursue the last release.

Leo
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 22 at 10:58PM
Originally posted by m_alam m_alam wrote:

Greetings..

@Ingo and anyone expert than me :)

As QPL/DPL is no more

I am happy with 18.11 as it's have almost all the function that is required for any pdf task. Only option that is missing is full Unicode support for all language specially South Asian (Bangla) as it requires glyph ans special shaping.

I am wondering quickpdf is live for many years than other new born library like gembox.pdf, but gembox can handle Unicode (my langue as well) very well, then why qpl can't?

however, is there any chance to wait for hope that someday it will get an update that will support proper Unicode?

thanks in advance and i will really appreciate if any body can reply to my question..

best regards

What is not okay with the unicode support regarding 18.11?

Cheers,
Ingo

MCS-P View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCS-P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 23 at 6:21AM
Are there any development for the replacement of  Debenu Quick PDF? We are in a fix:(
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 23 at 5:05PM
QuickPDF was bought from Foxit.
The Debenu-team works for Foxit now.
You can try the Foxit stuff or buying a used source license from a QuickPDF-user doing further development by your own...
or join our private community keep the library alive.
Sorry.

Cheers,
Ingo

bozzy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 24 at 12:02PM
Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

or join our private community keep the library alive.

Hi Ingo.

How can I join the private community? We're stuck on Delphi 10.4... BTW I just read here that a 18.22 exists that supports Delphi 11, but anyway not Delphi 12 and any future version.

I'm really interested in the possibility of having DCUs compiled for D12.

Thank you.

Bozzy
bozzy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bozzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 24 at 12:23PM
Originally posted by tfrost tfrost wrote:

I got 18.22 by purchasing a source-version upgrade. This was handled by Leonardo Martello on January 7th this year. "We are licensing the source to v18.22 to long time users at $399". The invoicing was handled by Foxit Australia and it took a couple of weeks and a reminder before I finally received download links and key for both the standard release and the source. Note that the source includes only Delphi PAS files; there are also 77 OBJ files for 32-bit and 73 for 64-bit in the ZIP.

We've tried to contact Leonardo in 2022 asking for a source code license, we're also long time users (the first license we have is for version 7 dated back to 2009), but he never answered, despite the fact we've been in contact with him several times over the years, both via email and voice calls.

This is a real shame. We need to upgrade to Delphi 12 but we can't because of QuickPDF not supporting it.

Maybe you or someone else here can share some infos on how to move forward? Someone who can share compiled DCUs for D12, or maybe willing to share the sources for the sole purpose of compiling the DCUs myself (I know this isn't legal, but I also doubt foxit's behavior is entirely legal, as we have a perpetual license and we're now blocked).

Nizamuddin_1 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nizamuddin_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 24 at 1:57PM
while the option for purchase is no longer available,i request if someone post source is heartily appreciated. 
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 24 at 7:19PM
Hi :)

It doesn't matter if there's a purchase available or not.
Posting the sources won't be legal at all.
If you have an older licence perhaps there's something we can do in the future...
http://quickpdf.xobor.de/

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic