Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Generic Error

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenneth K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Generic Error
    Posted: 23 Aug 21 at 4:34PM
We are receiving a generic, "System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException" when we attempt to print to a printer. Is there a way to enable more detailed logging in this library? The version in use is 17.11.1.0.

Edited by Kenneth K. - 23 Aug 21 at 6:12PM
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 21 at 6:56PM
What programming language are you using? I assume C# because this error means that managed code has encountered an exception in unmanaged code.

It's hard to say what the cause might be. Does it happen with all PDF files and all printers? If you show some of the code you are using to print, someone here with more .Net knowledge than me may spot something wrong. It is relatively common for an exception to result from passing an invalid parameter to the library. But unless it happens with only one document or only one printer, this is a likely cause.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 21 at 10:12AM
Only an idea...
Like TFrost is telling about "unmanaged code".
There are different types of the library available.
Do you use the normal dll (means unmanaged code)?
It would be good to have a look into your relevant code part as well.
After each function call you can insert a LastErrorCode - perhaps the real error raises earlier before printing?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic