Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to re-create the Citavi workflow with Zettlr?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How to re-create the Citavi workflow with Zettlr?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
manas54 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manas54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to re-create the Citavi workflow with Zettlr?
    Posted: 23 Mar 21 at 8:56AM

I am on a quest for the most frictionless academic PDF management, annotation, knowledge organization and paper drafting workflow. Citavi offers this in a way that is unsurpassed until now by any reference/annotation manager. But Citavi is proprietary software and still pretty much locked inside windows (despite the current efforts to go to the cloud).

I'm looking for ways to re-create the seamless Citavi workflow with open source tools. Zotero is the obvious point of departure for reference management. But Zotero annotation capabilities lag seriously behind. Zettlr seems here a very interesting option, but it is still very clunky in comparison to the way things work in Citavi. There is no easy sync with the reference library (a complex manual export/import is needed). There is no link with the highlighted passages. There is no way to quickly create notes and move them around. While it seems that the possibilities are there in terms of software, the connection hasn't been made in my mind. It would thus take about 3-4 times the amount of time to replicate a Citavi workflow, and still imperfectly.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a better solution/workflow? Thanks!

Sarkari job

Edited by manas54 - 12 May 21 at 6:24AM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic