Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I am trying to list all underlined terms on a page
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I am trying to list all underlined terms on a page

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JASCODER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am trying to list all underlined terms on a page
    Posted: 10 Feb 21 at 11:12PM
Hi.  I know that there is a way to detect whether text in a PDF page is bold or italics.  Is there a way to detect underlining -- I desperately need it for an app I'm working on.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 21 at 8:58PM
Hi John,

try the extract functionalities like GetPageText (option 3). Looking on the content you should find or create some strategy or methods how to detect what you want.
I don't think that there's a ready made functionality inside QuickPDF.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

JASCODER View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JASCODER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 21 at 7:34PM
Hi Ingo!

Thank you very much for the suggestion, but I actually already tried that.  Reading a PDF created by WordPerfect and using GetPageText with option three gets the exact same readout with words underlined as it does with words not underlined (although you can certainly figure out rom the readout what words / lines are bolded and/or italicized.  Any other suggestions you can think of?  

Much thanks,

John
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 21 at 10:30PM
"...Any other suggestions you can think of?..."

Sorry John but i'm out now ;-)
No idea how to do.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic