Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Codepoints in Subsetted Type1 font

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franciscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Codepoints in Subsetted Type1 font
    Posted: 24 Sep 20 at 1:00PM
Dear colleagues,

This is a tricky PDF-to-Text problem.

I have a document about Chemistry that contains mathematical glyphs, embedded in subsetted MathematicalPi-One and other fonts. Inside the PDF, the glyphs are referenced not by their actual code points in the font but by their embedded code points#1, #2 etc.

My problem is that I need to convert those glyphs in the PDF to their equivalent "known" representation, for ex. their real code points in the full font (in MathematicalPi-One etc.)

I searched the forum and the API documentation but am stuck.

I have a source code license and looked at the DrawText function in the hope I could draw the glyph onto a Delphi Canvas and do OCR on it, but drawing text onto a PDF does not involve rendering the actual glyph..

If someone has an idea how to solve this, that would be much appreciated!

Edited by Franciscus - 24 Sep 20 at 1:26PM
Franciscus View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Franciscus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 20 at 2:21PM
It looks like RenderPageToDC could be a solution. Debenu gives me the bounding box of all text so I can then selectively OCR those glyphs that are not identified as any known character.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic