Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fill IRS 941 PDF Form

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fill IRS 941 PDF Form
    Posted: 18 Jun 20 at 3:54PM
I'm trying to fill the IRS Form 941 PDF.
After setting the values in the fields, I cannot see the values when viewing the PDF using Adobe Reader or Foxit Reader.  However, if I open the PDF in Chrome or Edge or print the PDF the values are there. 

Not sure what or where to check to see why the values are not appearing when viewing in Foxit Reader or Adobe Reader.  Any direction would be great.

Thanks in Advance,

Chad
chadnewman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 20 at 5:03PM
Here is a link to the PDF, I'm trying to fill out:
chadnewman View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chadnewman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 20 at 6:02PM
Never mind.  Problem solved.  I opened the form in Foxit Phantom.
From Form, Edit Static XFA Form and then saved the form.

Thanks,

Chad
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 20 at 9:21PM
Aaah... it's an xfa-form.
XFA isn't well supported 'till now by QuickPDF.
So that will be the reasons for the behavior described...

Cheers,
Ingo

Jack View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 20 at 11:32PM
I don't know if it helps, but I have found out that my forms work a lot better if I get rid of the XFA form fields and just rely on the AcroForm fields that work with QuickPDF.  Also, it gives me a chance to name the fields in a way that is consistent rather than relying on the computer generated hierarchical naming that sometimes comes on the form.  The most effective way to get rid of the fields is to simply download the form and then print it to a PDF.  Use that new PDF for your form.

I use FoxitPhantomPDF for managing my PDF forms and it allows me to select all the fields on one year's 941 and drag them all to the form I just downloaded.  You will probably have to move some of the fields around but if you are filling the form programmatically, there's a good chance that most of your field names will stay the same from year to year.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 20 at 12:22PM
I can confirm Jack's post regarding the first section.
My experiences are the same.
Sorry.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic