Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

File size too large

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndemarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File size too large
    Posted: 20 Feb 20 at 9:38PM
Ciao,
i use Extractfilepage for split a pdf file in singol page. The initial size is 490Kb for a file with 4 pages, the singol page after extraction are 498 Kb each. When i merge together my new page result a new pdf with size 2Mb! Make a mistake? Where?
Thans for help
Nicola
ndemarchi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndemarchi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 20 at 7:11AM
I use vb6 for programming and my source code is:
Call PDFL.LoadFromFile(filedati, "")
DocID = PDFL.SelectedDocument()
'PDFL.RemoveDocument (docid)
totalpages = PDFL.PageCount()
Open fileguida For Input As #1
Do While Not EOF(1)
    Line Input #1, recin

pippo = PDFL.ExtractFilePagesEx(filedati, “”, CurDir() & "\" & Trim((Mid(recin, 4))) & ".pdf", a & "-" & a + Mid(recin, 1, 3) - 1, 3)
            If pippo = 0 Then MsgBox "Errore creazione singolo pdf pagina: " & a
            a = a + Mid(recin, 1, 3)
Loop
Close
Set PDFL = Nothing

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 20 at 6:18PM
Hi Nico,

you've made 4 pdf-files out of one.
These one file has perhaps one backgound-image, one truetype font-ressource, one top image on each page.
To make the look on now each single-page-pdf the same you have to multiply all ressources. This could be the reason for the new size multiplied by 4.
An assembly later won't remove the additional ressources. So you don't should use the normal merge. You'll find different functions here:
https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/FunctionGroups.php
https://www.debenu.com/products/development/debenu-pdf-library/help/developer-guide/

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

krishna27 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krishna27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Aug 20 at 7:19PM
I am also facing the same issues like file size is 5 times more than the original file after extracting couple of pages from different documents and merging them back to single document.
But not able to find suitable function which will reduce the size after extract and merge. 

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 20 at 6:09PM
Hi Krishna,

try the forum search (top,right) and then option "enhanced search" with "too large" ...
Then you'll get an idea what to do... what's possible and what's not possible.
It doesn't make sense to have many threads with identical content ;-)

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic