Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Change a PDFs version from 1.2 to 1.6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Change a PDFs version from 1.2 to 1.6
    Posted: 27 Mar 19 at 4:51PM
What is the best way to read in a version 1.2 PDF and save it as a version 1.6?

I have a PDF that is version 1.2 and a PDF that is 1.5.  When I combine them using CopyPageRangeEX, the resulting document is shown as version 1.2 in Adobe Reader but when I move to the second page, (the 1.5 page) I get an error "Bad Parameter." That page is blank in the reader.  I can extract text from the page so I know it's in there.

I was able to combine the two documents then encrypt them which converts the entire document to version 1.6.  I'm encrypting it with a blank password so anyone can read it.  I'm wondering if there is a better method to do this.  Honestly, it took me a while to figure this out.  I've been using all the versions of this library from 9 to the current and I've combined literally thousands of PDFs and never seen this issue before.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 19 at 7:07PM
The documentation says you can set the PDF Version using the SetInformation function.  I have never tried this, so I have no idea whether it has any effect on the format of the the contents when you save it.  Have you tried anything less ingenious (and clever) than encrypting it without a password?
BobW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 19 at 7:47PM
That worked great!  I'm going to use that instead.  I was pretty sure the encryption would probably work. Since a 1.2 file can only go to 40 bits and to encrypt at 128 and higher requires a later version, it would have to update the version to get that level of encryption.  This is a much better solution!

I did try searching the forums, but "version" is found in nearly every post since the user needs to specify which version of the control they are using!

Again, thanks!  
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 19 at 10:18PM
No problem!  I had just remembered having seen a means to set the stuff you see with Control-D in Acrobat, and I had an idea that PDF version was visible there also.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic