Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Load PDF and save as PDFA with SetPDFAMode?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattKoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Load PDF and save as PDFA with SetPDFAMode?
    Posted: 11 Mar 19 at 8:20AM
Hello everyone,

we had buyed the QuickPDF Library 11 several years ago and build an small dll for our cases (merge PDF Files and a Watermark). Now we want to update PDF files to PDFA and find the method SetPDFAMode (https://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetPDFAMode.php).  Our delivered pdf documentation has only the parameter "NewMode = 2". This only works with self generated PDF Files but not with extern generated ones. 
The online documentation shows up with two new parameters:
NewMode2 = PDF/A-1b
301 = Set PDF/A-3b mode for a new document
302 = Force PDF/A-3b mode for a loaded document

But 302 does not work in my case. 
Both documentations has the version history since version 8.11.

Was there an parameterupdate in newer versions? 
Is this parameter to "convert" an PDF to PDFA? or copy it as PDFA?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 19 at 10:25AM
Hi Matt,

SetPDFAMode alone won't change the content of an already existing pdf-file to be pdfa-compatible for now on. There are many things you have to keep in mind to get a correct result.
Here's an older thread showing some probs ans solutions regarding pdfa-compatible creation:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/creation-of-a-pdf-a1b-document-from-an-image-scan_topic2703.html

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

MattKoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattKoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 19 at 12:38PM
mmh thats a pity :/ 
Is this feature on the todo list? 
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 19 at 1:07PM
Hi,

this single feature would cost more than the whole library itself ;-)
If this feature is on the todo-list you should ask the publishers at Debenu/Foxit - this here is a user-user-forum...

Cheers,
Ingo

MattKoe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattKoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 19 at 9:20AM
oh sorry :D 
I do not get that! 
Dropbled View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dropbled Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 21 at 5:08PM
That's why I just use a word convertor and work with all the files in that format. It's honestly the easiest way to work around a pdf file. I just use a converter like this pdf-ocr.com and it's job done pretty much. I had time to construct a furry against online editors because I used to search for one almost everyday and it would take 2-3 tries to find a proper one. It's so much more relaxing to jsut use word to be honest, I just look up videos on the topic if I can't figure something out.

Edited by Dropbled - 17 Mar 21 at 3:24PM
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic