Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Why These Fonts Taking Longer To Load

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Why These Fonts Taking Longer To Load
    Posted: 05 Feb 19 at 8:30AM
Greetings,

i am using following code to attach 3 fonts to my pdf file, but only this protects takes longer to complete rather than all other process.

adding 3 fonts taking almost 6 seconds, that's huge and user have to wait that long.. :(

dtTimer = DateTime.Now
        intF1 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\SutonnyMJ-Regular.ttf", 0)
        MessageBox.Show(DateTime.Now.Subtract(dtTimer).TotalSeconds.ToString) REM
        dtTimer = DateTime.Now
        intF2 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\SutonnyMJ-Bold.ttf", 0)
        dtTimer = DateTime.Now
        intF3 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\Modded.ttf", 0)

if you need the font files to test, i can share..

thanks in advance...

best regards
SalmaBegum View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 19 at 3:37PM
so, As a work around, i tried to create a blank pdf file and embedded those font, so that later i will just load that blank pdf file to faster the process.

here is the code i used to make the blank pdf:

intF1 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\SutonnyMJ-Regular.ttf", 0)
        intF2 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\SutonnyMJ-Bold.ttf", 0)
        intF3 = objPDF.AddTrueTypeFontFromFileEx(strAppPath & "\fonts\Modded.ttf", 0)
        objPDF.SaveToFile(strCurPath & "\Test.pdf")

and here is the code to load the pdf file and try to use the saved/embedded fonts:
        objPDF.LoadFromFile(strCurPath & "\Test.pdf", "")
        objPDF.FindFonts()
        intF3 = objPDF.GetFontID(1)
        objPDF.SetHTMLNormalFont("Default", intF3)
        objPDF.DrawHTMLText(25, 25, 200, "100 $ 200 @ 300 ! 400 \")
        objPDF.SaveToFile(strCurPath & "\Output.pdf")

but unfortunately that didn't work.. when i tried to open that output.pdf file adobe shows a error and the printed text is garbage

so, now i am stuck and out of ideas :(

any help would be highly appreciated :)
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 19 at 1:07PM
any one? any help?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 19 at 3:45PM
There were issues discussed in this forum last year with Bangla fonts (i do not recall if it was you who started them).  I suggest you make up a small example of the problem and open a support ticket at https://www.debenu.com/support, because it will be outside the experience of most of the other users here (including me!).
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 19 at 3:55PM
Originally posted by tfrost tfrost wrote:

There were issues discussed in this forum last year with Bangla fonts (i do not recall if it was you who started them).  I suggest you make up a small example of the problem and open a support ticket at https://www.debenu.com/support, because it will be outside the experience of most of the other users here (including me!).

hi sir, greetings.. hope you are doing fine..

yes that was also me,

but i don't think it's related to font language/codding? as those font are not Unicode font.

any other idea/suggestion? please?

thanks in advance
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 19 at 6:57PM
No, I have no other suggestion. I think that opening a support ticket is simple and is most likely to provide you with an answer.  If the font is not a Unicode font then Foxit support should be able to tell you whether its encoding is supported.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic