Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

v16 - what's the difference between the DLLs?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
steltek View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steltek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: v16 - what's the difference between the DLLs?
    Posted: 13 Nov 18 at 3:42AM
Originally posted by quickpdfdeveloper quickpdfdeveloper wrote:

Also, v16 claims Python support, but doesn't seem to have any .py files.

I was wondering about this myself as the only reason I purchased the library at this time was the claimed ability to be able to use it from Python.

However, Foxit apparently has a github site.  One of the sets of files there are Python import files for version 16.11 of the library:

Why they were not included in the library, I have no clue.
quickpdfdeveloper View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 18 at 11:38AM
Thanks for that info. I'll stick with the non-'CP' ones. Hopefully they'll get around to documenting the 'CP' ones in due course.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 18 at 10:35AM
A quick test with DUMPBIN/exports shows that in the 32-bit versions, the "CP" variant includes a extra set of the same entry-points, all "decorated" with C++ syntax.  The names are preceded by an underscore and followed by for example @24 to show the size of the arguments.  

In the 64bit versions, where I believe that C++ "decoration" is not needed because of the completely different function calling conventions, the CP variant adds a large number of entry-points starting "xml", which appear to be for non-QPF functions.

So that is an answer to your specific question, but as someone who hates C++ and does not use Python, I leave it to you to determine the significance! 

quickpdfdeveloper View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 18 at 8:08AM
What is the difference between DebenuPDFLibrary64CPDLL1611.dll and DebenuPDFLibrary64DLL1611.dll ?

Also, v16 claims Python support, but doesn't seem to have any .py files.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic