Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

When Will It Support Calligraph Text?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When Will It Support Calligraph Text?
    Posted: 31 Oct 18 at 6:01AM
Greetings,
It's been many years this library in business, it marketing as it supports 1500+ function, but why it missing so so important function?

it's indic text support. link hindi, marathi, gujrati, Bengali which have Calligraphic/complex character?

where free software/library iText support it nicely, even pdfLib support it very well. But as i so high value pdf library why it does not support it yet?

please leave a reply.. because i need to make decision whether i continue with this library or switch :( that i don't want to..

iText Sample That Supports What i Need very badly:

https://itextpdf.com/sites/default/files/attachments/iText_pdfCalligraph_4pager.pdf

thanks in advance

best regards
SalmaBegum View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 10:07AM
recently i have talked with pdflib support and they replied promptly with with sample pdf and script. You can check the files from following dropbox link. Notes: Dropbox can preview all those types of file, so you don't have to download anything.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxg8ldahl07mo0f/AACO-Fj9eIGHdK9seWVkOtQfa?dl=0

it's very easy in their script. but as i don't want to switch all my code to a new library juts for one function so that i am requesting some help here.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 11:06AM
Hi Salma,

what do you mean with the "missing important function"?
Since QuickPDF supports unicode it's not a problem to display text using asian or arabic fonts.
You can extract these textcontent in a readable form.
You can embed a truetype font.
What do you want to do?

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

BTW: This isn't a forum mainly for the publishers - it's a forum for the users...

Cheers,
Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 11:18AM
Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

Hi Salma,

what do you mean with the "missing important function"?
Since QuickPDF supports unicode it's not a problem to display text using asian or arabic fonts.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

thanks a lot for your reply sir..

sir, i have tried but didn't work..

can you please check the dropbox files, there i upload a Unicode font and also sample asian (Bangla) text (in text file).

can you show a sample code that can output pdf like the sample (output.pdf) in the Dropbox folder using my sample text and font? please sir?
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 2:51PM
@Ingo sir,

so? what about the sample code that can use provided (in dB link) font and text (in text file) to generate similar pdf (output.pdf)?
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 18 at 5:29PM
If you would like help from other end-users like yourself who are here, then you have to  improve on "it didn't work". Without knowing exactly what is wrong, it is difficult to help you.  However I have tried to help you despite that.  Here is what I found.  We have a program that will take Unicode text annotation and write it onto a PDF in a chosen font and position.  So this was ideal to use as a simple test of your file, without having to write any code.  I took your text file and added it in your font, lower down on your page.  

There is no basic problem getting your text onto the page with completely standard functions to select a font and draw multiline text or box text in QPDF.  Our Delphi code does nothing special and uses the documented functions for writing Unicode text. However I do see a problem with the rendering of a few specific characters.  Is this the problem you are encountering?  If not, precisely what 'doesn't work'?

If rendering of some characters is your issue, you should create an example like I have done, and send it to Foxit/Debenu support with your source code that created it.  We did exactly this when we first started working with Japanese and encountered a similar issue.  It took a couple of versions of QPDF, but it is sorted now, and I believe our input was helpful, as yours might be.  The other thing that may help you is to try alternate rendering engines which are supported by the library now.

If you have a simple way for me to send you my output PDF, I can show you your two-line text with the larger two lines of text our program added to it.

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SalmaBegum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 18 at 9:42AM
Originally posted by tfrost tfrost wrote:

If you would like help from other end-users like yourself who are here, then you have to  improve on "it didn't work". Without knowing exactly what is wrong, it is difficult to help you.
However I do see a problem with the rendering of a few specific characters.  Is this the problem you are encountering? 

first of all i am sorry, if my question and replies is not clear enough for others to understand the issue. I am not sure about how Japanese or Chinese text/characters works..

but our country language (Bengali) like Indian (hindi) and Marathi is complex script. If you kind check the first pdf file in my first post, (iText sample pdf) you will see Indian (Hindi) text also complex characters. Though i am not a very tech guy but that is something relates to glyph, shaping etc.

Sir, i have updated file names and also add few new files so if you kindly check again that will be a great help for me.

Files:
code-qpl.txt (the code i used to generate pdf using qpl)
output-qpl.pdf (output form qpl using above code)
PDFLib Reply.png (Email reply from PDFLib, i marked few text that i think may be helpful)

code-pdflib.php (the code that is used to generate pdf using pdblib)
output-pdflib.pdf (pdflib output file using above code)
SolaimanLipi.ttf (the Unicode font for Bengali)
Bangla Text.txt (the test used to test)

If you check both file (first line on pdf lib sample pdf) you will see the differences. And that's the issue i am facing.

here is the dropbox link again:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lxg8ldahl07mo0f/AACO-Fj9eIGHdK9seWVkOtQfa?dl=0

thanks again sir, tfrost for your help.

best regards
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 18 at 2:55PM
There is no need to apologise; it is much better now that you clarify that it is the rendering of some characters that is the actual problem. But your earlier 'did not work' could easily have meant that you got errors from the API calls, or that there was no output at all, or the wrong font was used; this is why it was difficult to suggest anything without knowing the specific issue.

Your output document shows exactly what my test showed for the first line, with some characters incorrect.  Sadly this means that there is not much else that I can advise, other than opening a support case and sending the simple source file and the output.  The place to start for support is at https://www.debenu.com/support/

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic