Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Old reliable QuickPDF 10.13 printing blank pages
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Old reliable QuickPDF 10.13 printing blank pages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Old reliable QuickPDF 10.13 printing blank pages
    Posted: 22 Jun 18 at 6:32PM
I am supporting a very large legacy product built in Delphi XE3 using QuickPDF Library 10.13.
This software ran correctly on Windows Server 2008 for many years, and has been moved to Windows Server 2016 Standard.

When we try to print from our software, we get only blank pages.  The page count is correct, it's just all blank. This happens no matter which brand or model of printer we print to.  Every other PDF viewer is able to print correctly to these same printers, so I don't think it's a problem with the network or the printers.

We cycled the Print Spooler service and that fixed it for about a day.  The QuickPDF Library would actually print correctly, so I don't think it's a problem with the software that QuickPDF is a part of, I'm thinking it's just QuickPDF is needing something that we are not giving it.

Is there a library missing or some other thing I am missing that I need to give to or do to QuickPDF Library that would cure this "printing blank pages" problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jun 18 at 7:59PM
If there isn't a special renderer included like Cairo, AGG or PDFium access to gdi+ (old windows standard graphic dll) is necessary - perhaps there's the problem?

Cheers,
Ingo

RedOctober2018 View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober2018 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 18 at 1:00AM
Hi Ingo, I've provided a copy of the GDIPlus DLL by putting it in the same folder as the .exe.  Did not help.  I've built a little test app that I can use to tinker with settings.

Can you explain the proper way to use .PrintDocumentToPrinterObject( ) in a code example?   I'm wondering if I print to a printer object if that will bypass the problem and print correctly.  I cannot find any examples of how to use this function, just the QuickPDF reference which has no examples.

Thanks.
tfrost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 18 at 3:00PM
GDIPlus is the default renderer in current QPDF and should not need an extra DLL.  But you can always check, using a tool like Process Explorer, precisely which DLLs your process has loaded.

To use alternate rendering engines, see the documentation topic for SelectRenderer.  You also need to supply the pathname for the renderer DLL using one of the functions referenced in that topic.  The provided DLLs themselves can be found in the Rendering and Printing Add-On folder in the QPDF installation folder.

You can print to the default printer from Delphi (only) with something like (untested):

pdf.PrintDocumentToPrinterObject(Printer, 1, 1, pdf.DplPrintOptions(0,0,'My Document'));

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic