Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Formfield background color changing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Formfield background color changing
    Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 4:45PM
Is there a function with which I can set the background color of the checkbox from formfield to another color than the default transparency?

Thnx
Manfred

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 18 at 8:30PM
Hi Manfred,

there are two options for you:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetFormFieldBackgroundColor.php
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetFormFieldBackgroundColorCMYK.php

Chers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

mg8933 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 10:14AM
We have problems with 2 large documents.
On the document are formfields checkboxes. Programmatically I fill all checkboxes with the value 1. The document has 9 pages. The boxes comes correct but if I flatten the document (FlattenAllFormFields) all checkboxes on page 5 are incorrect. It seems that the boxes are not checked.
All the checkboxes has the style transparent (border and fillcolor). If I change the style to a color with Acrobat, the problem disappears.
This was the reason that I asked at Background color. If I change the background color programmatically it does not solve the problem.

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 4:43PM
Perhaps this has to do with formfield index while flattening in a loop?
Another idea: Are there same formfield names on different pages?
It's not a good idea to compare the mb-monster Acrobat with the slim line QuickPDF ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

mg8933 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 4:55PM
Hi Ingo,

What can we do that this works?

First in the loop I set the formfields and then at the end after the loop I do FlattenAllFormFields with one function call.
It seems that it has to do with siblings. The checkboxes on the page are in other orders.

I also have deleted in the document all objects and left only the object on the site 5. The document is much smaller now but flattening doesnt work correct.

What is a solution?

Thnx
Manfred
mg8933 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 4:59PM
>> If I change the style to a color with Acrobat, the problem disappears.

This means if I change the backgroundcolor of the formfield to white and do flattening afterwards the checkbox appears correctly.
mg8933 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 18 at 5:15PM
Regarding your question about the field names:
On page 5 the names are:
"F6 yes 1","F6 yes 2","F6 yes 3","F6 no 2","F6 no 3","Staffel72 2","Staffel96 1","Staffel96 2","Staffel72 3","Staffel96 3","F5 yes 1","F5 yes 2"
If I do not flatten the document the fields has the correct input.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 18 at 9:01PM
Hi,

here are some helpful links from this website.
In the sample you can see what i want to point to when i'm talking about "the index" ;-)

http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/faq/can-i-programmatically-flatten-form-fields-in-a-pdf-using-quick-pdf-library.php

http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/my-solution-to-the-flattenformfields-problem_topic1337_post6113.html?KW=FlattenFormFields#6113

Here's the developer-guide (you should start reading at page 32):
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_developer_guide/debenu_quick_pdf_library_10_developer_guide.pdf

Here's a link from Rowan from Debenu about programmatically flatten form fields:
http://www.debenu.com/kb/programmatically-flatten-form-fields-pdf-using-debenu-quick-pdf-library/

Cheers,
Ingo

mg8933 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mg8933 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 18 at 9:55AM
Hi Ingo,

regarding this:
http://www.quickpdflibrary.com/faq/can-i-programmatically-flatten-form-fields-in-a-pdf-using-quick-pdf-library.php
I know this and this was the reason that I use the function "FlattenAllFormFields" from the library.

It seems to me that my problem is a bug in the library because if we change the background color to white and the border to black all works like expected but we do this changes not with the library. We change the fields with Acrobat.

One solution for me could be that I change the filed appearances at runtime but this doesn't work.

Any other ideas?

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 18 at 10:38AM
sorry...
no further ideas from me.
I don't do much regarding form fields...

If you think it's a bug and if you're using the latest library version then you can post this issue on the official support page.

Cheers,
Ingo

karyncorrigan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karyncorrigan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 18 at 11:41AM
Hi Manfred,

If you are having a problem with Quick PDF Library raise a support ticket and send us your file. We can have a look at it and figure this out together. To raise a support ticket visit this URL: http://tickets.foxitsoftware.com/create.php?

Thanks,
Karyn
Content Marketing
ChrisD View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 18 at 9:02AM
I agree with Manfred that this is a bug with the QuickPDF s/w as we are experiencing the exact same problem.

If a checkbox b/g property is set to 'none' and you programmatically set it to display a tick and then use any of the flattening functions on it, the tick is no longer displayed as if the font colour has been set the same. The only solution we have discovered so far is to use Adobe to set a solid b/g colour for the field.

All programmatic attempts to set the checkbox field b/g colour seem to be ignored.
ChrisD View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 18 at 10:19AM
I've raised a support ticket for this
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic