Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can QuickPDF report on 'hidden' text?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can QuickPDF report on 'hidden' text?
    Posted: 18 Jan 18 at 6:53PM
Hi,

for both of your questions is the answer "no". Sorry;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

quickpdfdeveloper View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 18 at 2:27PM
I have two near-identical customer PDFs.

When I look at them in Okular or Sumatra, I see a table and in one cell is 'S'. However, using QuickPDF to extract the text I find that in one PDF's cell the text is 'S' as shown, but in the other PDF the text is actually 'SUPER'.

The reason the 'UPER' part isn't visible is because it is underneath the following cells in the row. (I also checked in case it was white text on white, but no, all the text in these PDFs is black.)

So, is there a QuickPDF function that could tell me if some text is not actually visible? Or is there a function that can let me say that when I extract text I only want visible text?

PS I can't give you the PDFs to look at. One was generated using PDFLib 7.0.1p1 and the other with PDFLib 9.0.3p3.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic