Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Print Using Selected Renderer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Print Using Selected Renderer
    Posted: 07 Aug 17 at 2:42PM
Hi everyone- there's a good chance that this is something that only the QPDF devs could help with, but I thought I'd check in here to see if anyone had any ideas, or if I've just missed something.

I have a PDF that doesn't render properly using the GDI+ renderer, but it renders well using PDFium in QPDF 13.12.

However, when I call PrintDocument, it seems that it doesn't use the PDFium renderer even though it is selected (so the printed output is rendered incorrectly in the same way that GDI+ appears to render it incorrectly).

Does anyone know if there is a way to get QPDF to print using the selected renderer as opposed to (I suspect) staying with GDI+?

Thanks!
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 17 at 8:25PM
Hi,

did you use SetPDFiumFileName?

Cheers,
Ingo

jpbro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpbro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 17 at 1:41AM
Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your feedback!

Yes, I tried SetPdfiumFileName (returned 1) and SetRenderer = 4 (returned 4). I've confirmed that PDFium is doing the rendering because QPDF correctly renders my document to the screen whereas the DPLR or GDI+ renderers do not (in my case bullets are being rendered as infinity symbols when using DPLR/GDI+, but rendered as circles when using PDFium).

However, even when PDFium is in use for screen rendering, it seems like PrintDocument ignores that and uses GDI+ when printing. I suspect it is something that only Foxit can fix, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything that another user knew about or had a workaround for.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 17 at 9:10PM
perhaps (what shouldn't be okay) 'cause gdi+ is still installed?

Cheers,
Ingo

sjnam07 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjnam07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 19 at 1:05PM
Hello jpbro,

Did you find solution of this issue?
I have same problem with this thread.
Would you let me know if it is solved?

Thank you.
sjnam07 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjnam07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 19 at 11:33AM
---

Edited by sjnam07 - 20 Jan 19 at 11:35AM
sjnam07 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjnam07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 19 at 11:34AM
Hello all,

I got answer from Foxit as follow.
==================================================================
Printing is done always using GDI+
Selected render affects only the render function not printing function.

There are only 2 possibilities how you can use PDFium for printing.

1. Render the page to image and then sent that rendered image to printer.

2. Use PDFiumPrintDocument function. First set the renderer to PDFium and then call this function with correct parameters. The function basically does the same thing as you will have to do manually in no. 1
==================================================================

I followed this solution then it works well.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 19 at 10:05PM
Hi,

thanks a lot to let us know about the answer from the publishers.
I think you've pointed into a problem of common interests so i've posted something similar into "General Discussion".
Often users are asking something but if they've solved their problems they are leaving here without a comment...nothing. So again ... thanks a lot for your help.

Edited by Ingo - 20 Jan 19 at 10:05PM
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic