Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

missing field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoolwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: missing field
    Posted: 17 May 17 at 2:52AM
I'm using the trial license to build a prototype of something where I'm reading and editing form fields on a PDF file, using Delphi 7.

I've got it working to the point where I'm reading the fields and can edit values in a Delphi form, but am not writing to the PDF file yet.

I just noticed, however, that there's a field on the form that's editable and it's not showing up in the list of fields.

I'm displaying four values in a ListView:

* Field#
* Field Title
* Field Type
* Field Value

Note that I did not create the PDF -- it's one of the forms I need to work with.

The very first field at the top of the form contains a Claim Number.

My program is reading 12 fields, and there are 12 editable fields on the form. There's one with the Title of "undefined", but it has no value. All of the others match up between their Title and what's on the form.

Also, none of the fields I'm getting have a value matching the contents of the Claim Number field.

There are three other fields with contents in them, and my program is reading them fine.

I don't know if it makes any difference, but this Claim Number edit field has a thicker underline on it than the other editable fields.

Why might this Claim Number field not appear in the list of fields I'm getting from the API?

Edited by thetoolwiz - 17 May 17 at 2:52AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 17 at 8:56AM
Hi,

i fear here's nobody for help without the sample.pdf and the relevant code snippet.
The code snippet you can post here together with a download-link for your sample.pdf (you can upload it to a free file hoster).
Starting here:
http://www.quickpdf.org/
...with "documentation" and "developer guide" searching for form field could be good help, too.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

thetoolwiz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thetoolwiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 17 at 5:15PM
AHA! It turns out I was indexing the form field loop from [0..n-1] instead of [1..n]. The "missing" field is actually field #n, even though it's at the very top of the form.

Problem solved!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic