Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RenderPageToFile for High DPI displays

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quickpdfdeveloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RenderPageToFile for High DPI displays
    Posted: 28 Apr 17 at 10:22AM
Some of my customers are starting to use High DPI displays.

They find that images rendered at 100% (i.e., 72 DPI) are far too small to see properly on such displays, so they're rendering at 400% or more. But rendering at such high DPIs takes a lot of time (the documentation warns of this once you get past 300 DPI).

Ultimately, there's no getting round the physics of needing more memory and CPU cycles for higher resolution. But I wonder if anyone else is having this problem and has found a solution?

Also, would it be possible to add a new faster output format to RenderPageToFile (and DARenderPageToFile)?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 17 at 11:10AM
Hi,

the DA-functions are more smooth with memory-consumption but keep in mind that mixing DA-functions with "normal" functions is impossible.
Better idea will be to try one of the alternative renderer engines (PDFium for example, Cairo, etc.).

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic