Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

EncodePermissions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EncodePermissions
    Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 4:27PM
Hello,

when I open a protected PDF document with a password to delete a page, do I need before saving (SaveToFile) of the PDF document, the available access rights with the password reset?

I noticed that by changing the document password protection is no longer there ..?

Thank you for a few lines of code
luet
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 5:43PM
If you open a main password protected document, do the decryption and save it with a new name then it will be saved directly from memory where it's loaded decrypted and unprotected.
So after saving the document doesn't have a main password anymore.
This doesn't work with a user password ;-)

BTW: Regarding your "Thank you for a few lines of code":
There's a developer guide, many samples and kb-articles available on the official Debenu-support pages ;-)

Cheers,
Ingo

luet View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 9:02PM
I save the PDF files always under the same name.
I did not know that it makes a difference whether I open the user password or with the main password the PDF.
If the user password, the permission remains.

That's the difference right?

thank you
luet
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 9:04PM
If you wanna open a pdf which is protected with a main password there's no need to enter any password.
If you wanna open a pdf which is protected with a user password you have to insert a main OR a user password.
Cheers,
Ingo

luet View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 9:40PM
ok, I have understood.

But what happens if I save the file under the same name?
Stay the access permissions and passwords obtained?
thank you
luet
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 16 at 9:54PM
Luet,

why not trying it?
With GetAnalysisInfo or any pdf-reader you can check if the settings will be the same.
Only loading and saving under a new name is like copying and all settings will be the same.

Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic