Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can't find Vector Graphics Support

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can't find Vector Graphics Support
    Posted: 27 Apr 16 at 3:32PM
Hi,

Does Quick PDF Library support Vector Graphics images? The function list appears to only show support for the long-dated EMF files. Am I unable to find support for SVG, or even EPS, files? Or can only EMF files be added to a quick pdf object through ImportEMFFromFile (etc)?

Are there any other means, perhaps through additional third party libraries, where an SVG file can be added to a canvas? I really need to maintain a vector file output, and ideally from the current industry standard SVG file format.

Thanks in advance!
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 16 at 6:26PM
Hi MLowe,

only less for SVG.
Here's one function ... and this is only regarding adding svg as annotation:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/ImageHandling.php
The easiest way was to convert with a third party tool before...

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

MLowe View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 16 at 8:00PM
Hi Ingo,

Thank you for the reply. However, I'm not sure I follow; what do you mean, only less for SVG?

The AddSVGAnnotationFromFile is not what I am looking for, as that is hardly supported by the PDF format itself, and of course is only available as an annotation.

Are there any third party tools you could recommend that would convert an SVG to a format that maintains vector properties? Rasterizing the SVG is not an option, as the print integrity is of utmost importance at various print sizes.

Ideally, the library should have a means of either deconstructing an SVG into corresponding DPL drawing commands, or convert to EMF that could then be added via ImportEMFFromFile. Is there anything else I'm missing? Or a way to achieve this that I have not found on my own?

Thanks!
-Matt
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 16 at 8:04PM
Hi,

this is a user-user-forum here ...
So don't tell it to me ;-)
Yes... i mean AddSVGAnnotationFromFile ... that's all.
Cheers,
Ingo

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic