Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rerender existing PDFs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rerender existing PDFs
    Posted: 07 Apr 16 at 1:44PM
Hello all,

i have PDF files containing elements (Rectangles, Texts, etc. - no images!) in the RGB color space. I need to convert these PDFs to the CMYK color space. Is there any possibility to somehow convert existing PDFs or iterate through them redrawing them to new files or anything else that I could use in order to receive PDFs in CMYK color space?

Regards,
Martin
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 16 at 8:39PM
Hi Martin,

About manual converting/calculating RGB-values to CMYK you can read in this thread:
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/edit-pdf-text_topic1378.html
For example to set the text color in CMYK you can use SetTextColorCMYK:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/SetTextColorCMYK.php
In the online reference you'll find in the section "color" many CMYK-functions:
http://www.debenu.com/docs/pdf_library_reference/Color.php

Cheers,
Ingo

martin.weigl View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 16 at 12:22PM
Hi Ingo,

thx for ur reply. The info was not exactly what I was looking for:
I need to convert elements of existing PDF files from the RGB color space into colors of the CMYK color space. If there is some way to do so (i. e. render the existing PDF element-by-element into a new one converting the colors), please let me know.
Is there a way to fetch all elements (rectangles, circles, texts, etc.) out of a PDF file?

Regards,
Martin

Edited by martin.weigl - 21 Apr 16 at 12:22PM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 16 at 9:22PM
Hi Martin,

embedded images you can extract from pdf-pages, converting them outside with other third party tools.
Rectangles, circles and so on are not graphic objects but only scriptcode - you can't extract things like this.

Cheers,
Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 7:58AM
Hi Ingo,

thx for ur reply. The problem is (as you mentioned [URL=http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/topic3314_post13194.html#13194]here[URL]), that the PDFs metadata identifies the PDF as "CMYK", alltough it has some RGB elements embedded.
That's the problem that I need to detect (without correcting it, simply detecting ist is enough).

Regars,
Martin

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 16 at 10:28PM
Hi Martin,

it's not difficult.
Take few relevant pdf-files and have a look directly inside with - for example - notepad.
Keep in mind the relevant devicetags you've found.
Then you can build a routine... reading the pdf-file into a stream and doing a fulltextsearch (with your tags) on the stream.
Additionally you should search for strings like 
<</BitsPerComponent
/ColorSpace 291
<</BitsPerComponent 8/ColorSpace 291
or rdf-content like this:
dc:format="image/jpeg"
...or any other similar string.

What i've found searching for you in ONE pdf was the next:
<</BitsPerComponent 8/ColorSpace 293
...and few lines later:
<</BitsPerComponent 8/ColorSpace/DeviceRGB/
...and later this:
<</BitsPerComponent 8/ColorSpace/DeviceGray/

To determine if coloured objects were used or if device-tags were used can be a different issue.

Cheers,
Ingo

Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin.weigl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 16 at 1:12PM
Hi Ingo,

thx for your help!

Regards,
Martin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic