Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adobe Acrobat Reader Error 110

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adobe Acrobat Reader Error 110
    Posted: 20 Feb 06 at 8:38PM

Anyone seen this error before? I have been using this component in an asp driven website for years, but when adobe acrobat 6+ was released suddenly everyone gets this error. It works great in 5.05. I downloaded and overwrote the old version with the new iSEDQuickPDF.dll, but it still occurs. I build several pdfs, then join them, the finally linearize them.

Thanks!

Michael

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 06 at 1:43AM
Hi Michael!

There are few options for this error...
If the pdf was created with unsupported fonts and if these fonts are not inserted in the fontlist of the acrobat settings you can't open this pdf on a pc without these fonts and you'll get this error.
You'll get the same error if there are missing brackets () round the/a textstring(s).

Best regards,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo
Michael View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 06 at 3:26PM

Originally posted by Ingo Ingo wrote:

Hi Michael!

There are few options for this error...
If the pdf was created with unsupported fonts and if these fonts are not inserted in the fontlist of the acrobat settings you can't open this pdf on a pc without these fonts and you'll get this error.
You'll get the same error if there are missing brackets () round the/a textstring(s).

Best regards,
Ingo

Thanks for the quick response!

I somewhat understand the font issue, but why would acrobat 5 open the file on my computer if the fonts did not exist? In other words, the exact file opens in 5 on my computer, but not 6+. Is the missing font a feature of 6+, and version 5+ just overlooks the missing font? Does that make sense?

For the missing brackets issue you stated, can you elaborate? I am not quite sure what you mean by that.

Thanks a ton for you help! Much appreciated!

Michael

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 06 at 3:33PM
Hi Michael!

The pdf content looks like
... Title (this is the title text) (korrekt)
... Title this is ... (not korrekt).

The adobe specifications was more strict in reader 6/7 than before. In the old forum over a year ago this was told.

Best regards,
Ingo

chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 06 at 4:30PM
Originally posted by Michael Michael wrote:

I build several pdfs, then join them, then finally linearize them.

Linearize them? Not with QuickPDF AFAIK. Must use something else to do this.

Adobe has been adhering more closely to their own spec with each major releaser of Acrobat/Reader. There are MANY PDF libs out there that don't fully follow the the spec (no wonder, it's huge and complex), and will cause exceptions with the newer (tighter) versions.

Try running your problem PDFs through pdftk (free, open source) to see if it can fix them. It uses the iText library, which is one of the best available.

Edited by chicks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic