Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Slow line draw speed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote matt2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Slow line draw speed
    Posted: 17 Dec 14 at 4:09PM
Hi,

We recently implemented a direct PDF save to our CAD package. The main reason was so we could get away from the PDF printer drivers, and some of our users wanted Layers maintained.

When compared to CutePDF and PDFill, the Debenu QuickPDF line draw is very slow.

Time trials drawing 120,000 lines:

Debenu DPLDrawLine : 130 seconds
PDFill : 3 seconds
CutePDF : 3.5 seconds

I'm using a very tight loop in my test - calling DebenuPDFLibraryDrawLine(instanceID, StartX, StartY, EndX, EndY); 120,000 times.
Is there anyway to speed it up? Getting a lot of complaints from our users.

Is there a DrawLines routine? I might be able to send it connected lines and eliminate the vast majority of calls.

Otherwise, the library is awesome.

Thanks,
Matt

matt2000 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 14 at 1:02PM
Update...I now collect connected lines and use the AddLineToPath/DrawPath method. This sped it up considerably. That fixes my immediate problem.

Andrew got back to me and mentioned passing a string contain functions codes to a stream (QP.SetContentStreamFromString). This looks promising, but I haven't found a spec on the codes or a sample project. Does someone have a link to a project or documentation?

Many thanks to Andrew at Debenu - great support.

Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic