Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Page extraction on PDF Image

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenLaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Page extraction on PDF Image
    Posted: 03 Oct 14 at 8:46AM
Hello,

We are using PageExtraction on a pdf image (20 pages). We extract one page (in our case the last one) and the resulting PDF has almost the same size than the original, as if QPDF keeps images of other pages in the resulting PDF.

How can we extract pages, conserving uniquely objects of those pages in the resulting PDF ?

Best regards
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 14 at 12:17PM
Hi Ben,

after PageExtraction you should use DeletePages:
PageExtraction extracts only the pagecontent - the page will stay.

Cheers, Ingo
Cheers,
Ingo

BenLaz View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenLaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 14 at 12:50PM
Thank you for your answer.

I've made a mistake in my initial post : we are using ExtractFilePages function.

Let's say we have a PDF with 20 pages (c:\test.pdf) we want to extract the ultimate page to a new file (c:\testextract.pdf) so we do :

oPDF.ExtractFilePages('c:\test.pdf', '', 'c:\testextract.pdf', '20');

And after the call the resulting file (c:\testextract.pdf) has almost the same size than the original file.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic