Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Distribution of Library

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFullerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distribution of Library
    Posted: 24 Jul 14 at 9:13PM
The SDK uses an exe installer. If I use the library (DLL) in my application is an installer required or will a file copy of the library DLL be sufficient?

Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 14 at 10:06PM
Hi Jeff,

normally it's okay to put the dll in the path where your app is.
The main programming languages (ide) comes along with an additional installer which should be able to install additional files like dlls.

Cheers and welcome here, 
Ingo

Cheers,
Ingo

JFullerton View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFullerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 3:11PM
Do I need to make registry changes on my clients computers so the license key will work?
AndyD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 4:08PM
Hi, just for your information, I program in VB6 and then use a free compiler called Inno to wrap my installer and all associated files, dll's etc. It is very easy to use and takes care of all registering issues for dll's etc.

Worth mentioning Smile
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 14 at 11:08AM
Like AndyD told already ...
There are many installers outside (Freeware, too) creating a complete install package with dll-registration incl.

Cheers
Cheers,
Ingo

Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFullerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 14 at 8:06PM
We make our own MSI.  I'm wanting to use the DLL or LIB version. So in that case do I still need to register the DLL?  What other registry entries would my installer need to make?
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 14 at 7:24AM
Hi Jeff or John ;-)

try to use regsvr32.exe with the dll directly on the commandline.
On a 32-bit-system take the regsvr32.exe from system32-directory to Register a 32-bit-dl.
On a 64-bit-system take the regsvr32.exe from system32-directory to Register a 64-bit-dl.
On a 64-bit-system take the regsvr32.exe from syswow64-directory to Register a 32-bit-dl.
If there's no error message raising then you should Register it with your installer.
If there's an error message telling you that the dll has no entry point then there's no need to register. In this case you only have to put the dll into the system32-/ syswow64- or the install-path of your application.

Cheers, Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 06 Aug 14 at 7:27AM
Cheers,
Ingo

JohnTMD View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnTMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 14 at 5:47PM
Just as an FYI...

I found it impossible to register the Viewer OCX, (manually or through an installer) on Windows 8 when using version 10.15. On Windows 7 the 10.15 OCX would install manually, but, not through my installer.

When I upgraded to 10.16, (both the library and the viewer), as recommended by tech support, everything registers just fine regardless of the method.

John
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JFullerton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 14 at 4:54PM
I figured out what the problem was.  I was passing an incorrect path to the Debenu supplied MFC wrapper constructor.  Works great now.  Thanks.Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic