Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Viewer SDK - How can/should it be used?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HNRSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Viewer SDK - How can/should it be used?
    Posted: 12 Apr 14 at 6:58PM
The sales page for the Viewer SDK describes a list of features.  A week of testing experience gives me some feel for how it works (answer - pretty darned fast).  What is not at all clear to me is exactly how it is envisioned that the control is intended to interact with an application.

It seems pretty clear that it will function as an AcrobatReader replacement - placing the reading of pdf files in a control in an individual application, rather than running an external program to view a pdf.  If that is all it does (or will do), it is still a good thing.  The trouble is, that I can think of all sorts of other ways this control might be useful to me.

What puzzles me is the precise group of properties and methods that are currently implemented.  Ignoring my current glitches in my (SDK v10.13  Delphi 6  Win7) testing, some of the choices do not seem to make sense. 

I was going to use Scrollbar handling as an example of the oddness of properties and methods, but I am starting to deduce that the choices might be due to timing of loading and rendering, but this just means that a lot more documentation is needed.  Documentation ALWAYS trails development, and this control is still evolving.

Even the concept of "zoom" has several different directions it could go.  Totally by guesswork, I interpret that the default condition of the Viewer control is to display a pdf page completely in whatever size the Viewer is at some specific moment (unclear), so "zoom" is pretty relative, as opposed to being "absolute" interpreted as some number of dots per inch.

There are all sorts of methods visible to code completion that have no documentation.  Some look worthy of reverse engineering investigation, but it would be nice to think that the documentation  references will show up some day (especially things that might be dangerous to use).

A message from Andrew indicated that all sorts of new features are in the works.  It sure would be nice to get a description of the direction this is going.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic