Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Doc Properties changing on secured pdf

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Doc Properties changing on secured pdf
    Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 3:33PM

I have a process that merges multiple PDF files together, then sets properties for the Author, Title, subject, creator and producer (using the QP.SetInformation() method.

Form fields are filled, using QP.SetFormFieldValue and other field property settings.

PDF Permissions are set using QP.Permissions(Allow Print, no copy, no change, add notes, fill fields, no copyaccess, yes assemble, can print).

QP.Encrypt with a password is used (40bit), then QP.CompressContent() before finally delivering the PDF to the browser.

The file properties in Acrobat diplay exactly what I set until the user does a "save as", after which the properties revert back to what the original file used to have.

How is it that the old properties are still in the file? Shouldn't securing the PDF prevent changes like this? How can these be locked down?

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks,

KEN

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 06 at 5:07PM
Hi Ken!

You can set the document properties to prevent this menupoint... or you can prevent the whole menu.

Best regards,
Ingo
bogey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 06 at 7:14AM

I am not referring to the menu option. I want to set and lock the document properties. Setting permissions to "No Change" should prevent it from being modified.

Why would the PDF retain old settings and revert back to old setting when the PDF is resaved?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic