Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - RenderDocumentoFile Issue - ANY help appreciated!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

RenderDocumentoFile Issue - ANY help appreciated!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RenderDocumentoFile Issue - ANY help appreciated!
    Posted: 16 Nov 13 at 10:22PM
In VB6 I am creating a JPG from a PDF that exists. My problem is that the end-result JPG has huge width and height ( like 44 inches) with 72 DPI, even though I set it to 300 DPI and set the page size to U.S. Photo size 8 x 10 inches. IOW, if you reduce the size of the outputted JPG to an 8x10 photo, it is fine. Its producing an large version of itself.... :-(

If I import the created JPG into a paint program such as Corel I can reset the dpi and dimensions and it works fine with no ooss of quality, but I cannot expect my end-users to do that.

Is what I want possible from within  QuickPDF?? ANY help much appreciated.

Here's the code that I am using:

ClassName = "QuickPDFAX0815.PDFLibrary"
    LicenseKey = "xxxxxx" 'SET YOUR LICENSE KEY HERE...
    'FileName = "c:\hello-world.pdf"

Dim QP As QuickPDFAX0815.PDFLibrary
    Dim result

Set QP = CreateObject(ClassName)
    Call QP.UnlockKey(LicenseKey)

QP.LoadFromFile xfilename, "xxx"

QP.SetPageDimensions 576, 720    ' 8 x 10 inches

JPGName$ = Left$(xfilename, (Len(xfilename) - 4)) & ".jpg"

iNumPages = QP.PageCount()
    QP.RenderDocumentToFile 300, 0, iNumPages, 1, JPGName$

QP.RemoveDocument (QP.SelectedDocument)

### end of code

Any Help much appreciated!

Ken
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 13 at 4:00AM
Hi Ken,

It looks like you are using version 8 of Debenu Quick PDF Library. We added support for storing the rendered DPI value in the JPEG in a later version our PDF SDK. I recommend download the latest version from the website and trying with the new version:

Also, calling SetPageDimensions doesn't resize the content of the page, it just updates the /MediaBox entry for the page and as a result will only affect content subsequently drawn onto the page.

Cheers,
- Rowan.

Edited by Rowan - 18 Nov 13 at 4:00AM
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 13 at 7:59AM
Ken,

After some checking it seems that RenderPageToFile with a JPEG was corrected in QPL 8.16 but the RenderDocumentToFile function was not fixed.

So the solution is to upgrade to 8.16 (free upgrade from 8.15) and then use a simple loop to iterate through the pages and calling QP.RenderPageToFile.

Andrew.

kksoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 13 at 1:52PM
>>So the solution is to upgrade to 8.16 (free upgrade from 8.15) and then use a simple loop to iterate through the pages and calling QP.RenderPageToFile.

That actually worked! I am so happy. I never thought to use render to page instead of to document. Can you tell me if RenderDocumentToFile is now fixed in a new version?

Your help has solved my insidious problem, and I thank you. Tongue
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic