Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Download Section is Password Protected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Download Section is Password Protected
    Posted: 10 Jan 06 at 11:44PM
   The download section is password protected because we discovered that the "UnlockKey" fuction is replaced by a dummy function in the source code that we purchased. The code is as follows:

function TiSEDQuickPDF.UnlockKey(const RegKey: string): Integer;
begin
FUnlocked := True;
FLicenseInfo := 'Commercial license';
Result := 1;
end;

This means that the DLL and ActiveX compiled libraries in the download section will run without the unlock key.

Therefore access to the download section is limited to those users who have purchased the source code through Ingo as a group purchase. If you purchased the source code (the first group), you will receive an e-mail from Ingo shortly with the password to the Download section.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 2:47AM
Hi Michel!

That's good! Forget my last email in this case ;-)
What about to reactivate this function and recompile the components?

But now i'm wondering!!!
I've downloaded the complete sources again this time from the iSED-download-section. The function is the same like you've posted here. What's that? Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ingo

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 06 at 2:59AM
Hi!

I've think this matter over...
For iSED it was okay to deactivate this function 'cause it's the source... and they don't want that the key-algorithm will go public ;-)

The problem is now that we don't know the key algorithm and so we can't compile any components in a legal way and so we can't offer them :-((

This means to everybody: Join the (free of charge) membership in the QuickPDF-Usergroup to get a unlimited site-license.
Cheers,
Ingo

Frans View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 06 at 5:20AM

Maybe a crazy idea, but would it be feasible to rename an old ISED dll and call its unlock code frome the new UnlockKey? Of course this leads to extra overhead, but it is only necessary once.

Frans
zaksoft View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zaksoft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 06 at 2:38AM

I'm workink in VS200x C++ not managed code.

I'm a QuickPdf user since few years but I never bought source since I don't have Delphi (and also 'cause I've used Pascal last time 15 years ago).

Is there any way to have access to compiled DLL ?

Thanxs.

Davide
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 06 at 2:48AM
Hi Davide!

We have a tool now to verify your reg.key.
If you send your reg.key to Michel or me, we can proof your key if it's legal or not.
If it's legal we'll send you the password for the download-section via email.

Best regards,
Ingo
KSoftware View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KSoftware Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 2:13PM
What email address can I send our key to? I'd love to get my hands on some updates!
--
- Mitchell Vincent
- K Software
ArthurD View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArthurD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 3:35PM

Yes - me too.

I have been investigating alternate libraries because of un-solvable problems with the version I purchased (and little hope of a return of iSED support), but if you are going to provide this sort of support and development then I will soldier on.

Well done all!

Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 06 at 3:58PM
Hi Mitchell, hi Arthur!

You can send the reg-keys to me.
I'll check them and send back the password for the download-section here.
Tod View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 06 at 2:40PM
I own the DCU version for D2005. I'd like to get my hands on the DCU version for D2006. It appears you might have what I am looking for. What steps do I need to take?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic