Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Performance 8.16

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimFirehawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Performance 8.16
    Posted: 24 Aug 12 at 9:08AM
Hello,

I had an old version of QuickPDF (7.23) and created around 3000 pages in 35sec. Sadly the old version does not support 64-Bit, so I need to migrate to 8.16. I downloaded the trial version and run my generation of the 3000 pages again. Now it takes around 85sec. So this is more then double the time before.

I thought, maybe it is a restriction of the trial version. So I took a trial version of 7.23 and run the tests again. Same result. Even with the trial version of 7.23 it takes only 35 sec against the trial version of 8.16 with 85 sec.

I am very happy about any hints given to resolve the performance problem.

Simon

UPDATE: I can specifiy that it is the method "DrawTextBox", which needs this extra time

Edited by SimFirehawk - 24 Aug 12 at 9:29AM
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 12 at 9:35AM
Hi Simon!

Speed-limitation was never integrated into the testversion of QP.
It's possible that inside a function there are many added changes
until the current version doing a better/more acurate job.
So i would expect that if the job runs longer at least the result
is better.

Cheers and welcome,
Ingo

AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 12 at 8:20AM

We have added a lot of code for font handling but even so it shouldn't slow down the process that much.

Can you post some test code showing exactly which functions you are using and I will see if I can replicate the problem and see where the slowdown is happing.

You could also create an official support case and send us the code sample privately if your prefer.

Andrew.
edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 12 at 6:23PM
Hi Andrew,

long time ago, I did send under case 8001 in FogBugz a PDF which was renderred in 5 seconds and after changing only the version, it takes under the same system on the same hardware 60 seconds.

This case is open over a year.

QuickPDF is a nice tool, but the bad renderspeed let me look for another.

Cheers,

Werner

darkv View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 12 at 12:20AM
do you have the same results between 7.x and 8.x in 32bits version ?

Rgds

edvoigt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edvoigt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 12 at 8:37AM
Hi DarkV,

it is rather the same time needed under 8.14. Today there is the time of 65 seconds for the PDF I did use a year ago. The allmost breakdown was from 7.23 to 7.24. Under 8.xx I see no big differences.

All measuring was done under XP, 32 Bit.

I use Delphi 7 and SetRenderScale + RenderPageToStream to produce the image for display.

But as I see with different PDFs the slowdown is a generell and I see no binding to a special kind of images inside the PDF or anything else in this direction.

Werner
darkv View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 12 at 9:42AM
Werner,

so unfortunately seems the issue is in the lib ..... so could not help

Rgds
Eric
z Dark side is there ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic