Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Document Design Techniques

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Document Design Techniques
    Posted: 29 Dec 05 at 5:01AM
Thanks Michael for your help !

As a matter of fact, I'm using Open Office to generate the PDF templates. Using it, adding form fields is not a problem. They're correctly exported to PDF.

The problems are however the original ones that I posted :

1) How to wrap paragraphs ?
2) How to generate a table of fields ?
Michel_K17 View Drop Down
www.exp-systems.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michel_K17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 05 at 12:52AM
Are you using QuickPDF to convert the MS Word "form" into the PDF? I'm asking because I started something similar with using Powerpoint as an editor (but did not get very far - other priorities).

Apart from that, I do not have a solution for your questions, but I do have a suggestion (which is what I am using with my "Powerpoint to PDF" process).

1. Convert the Powerpoint file to a PDF (with the form fields set to "invisible") by using a PDF Creator such as "PDF reDirect"; then
  2. Use QuickPDF to add the Form Field in a layer on top of the newly created PDF.

Edited by Michel_K17
jabaltie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jabaltie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 05 at 12:48PM
I have a .DOC that I want to transform into a PDF template, that is a PDF with empty form fields.

However, there are some issues that I can't cope with.

The .DOCument can be get from here :

http://www.DES.online.unimep.br/au/debts.doc

The problems are :

1) How can I have a paragraph wrap on the fields in RED. That is, how can I add the fields STUDENTS NAME, MARITAL STATUS , etc AND have these fields wrapping the paragraph ? This is pretty easy when using Word. Can I do the same using PDF templates ?

2) The "Payment Date" line is a replicant one. It can vary from 1 to 12 lines. What's the best approach, to design 12 different fields or is there a table concept (an array of fields) ?

Thanks in advance for your support !

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic