Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Convert PDF to BMB with monochrome color

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asreddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Convert PDF to BMB with monochrome color
    Posted: 04 Jan 12 at 9:05AM
Hi,
I am new to Quick PDF library, I need to convert PDF page to BMP with monochrome color.
When I use Quickpdf function RenderDocumentToFile it converts with color BMP, it result taking long time to convert and the output file size also very big.
Is there any way to convert PDF to BMP with monochrome color?. Please help.

Many thanks.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 12 at 9:58AM
Hi!

The online reference doesn't contain any hint for your issue.
Perhaps you can get more success including the GDIPlus-dll to your code?
Try it.

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Edited by Ingo - 04 Jan 12 at 9:58AM
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 11:56AM
Quick PDF Library doesn't have any functions to convert an PDF to a B/W image.  The only exception is the recent addition of RenderPageToFile using option 10 which creates a B/W Group4 TIFF file.  Option 10 will convert a colour PDF to a B/W TIFF for this particular case.  Note the Group4 function doesn't work with XP or Server 2003 because Microsoft haven't released a GDI+ update for these operating systems.  Vista and Win7 work perfectly fine.

You may need to use a 3rd party Graphics Library or use GDI+ to convert the Colour BMP generated from QPL to a B/W bitmap. 
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 12:21PM
"Note the Group4 function doesn't work with XP or Server 2003 because Microsoft haven't released a GDI+ update for these operating systems"

Hi Andrew!

Is there a report available on which os the gdi+ is as standard-dll included and on which not?
Are there complete informations available on which os the gdi+ supports all functionality from QuickPDF?
If i don't embedd the gdi+ in my QuickPDF-app what will happen... only less quality with few functions or will some fail?

Cheers, Ingo
AndrewC View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 1:13PM
GDI+ 1.0 is included as standard with Win XP and Win Server 2003.  
GDI+ 1.1 is included with Vista, Win 7 and Server 2008.  If you have Win 98 then I believe it is possible to install GDI+ via a download from Microsoft.  We don't really want to support any OS older than XP as it is around 10 years old.

Nearly all PC's will have a copy of at least GDI+ version 1.1 because it is used by so many programs.

We had have a few requests for Group4 compression from customers so we added basic Group4 compression via GDI+. 

Andrew.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 12 at 3:52PM
Hi Andrew!

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

Cheers, Ingo
asreddy View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asreddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan 12 at 12:15PM
Hi Ingo and Andrew,
Thanks a lot for your answers!

asreddy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic