Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Fields During Merge

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatPyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Fields During Merge
    Posted: 09 Dec 05 at 4:23PM
Hi all. I have several PDF's that include form fields. When I use MergeDocuments to merge the pdf's there are fields missing from the resulting file. I noticed that they seem to be fields that have the same name. The first one will appear in the new document, but any additional fields with the same name as the first will not be included. Any ideas?

Thanks.
chicks View Drop Down
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert
Debenu Quick PDF Library Expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 05 at 5:24PM
Give them unique names in the source documents?
GreatPyr View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreatPyr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 05 at 5:34PM
Yes, that is the solution I was saving as a last resort. These fields are filled from a VB program using an fdf file. Giving them unique names would mean I would have to fill more fields. Not a big deal. I was just hoping to keep it the way it is now.

Thanks!
PDFman View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PDFman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 05 at 6:25AM

If you do not need the form fields after merge of the documents, you could flatten the fields before the merge.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic