Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Filling PDF Forms

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Filling PDF Forms
    Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 4:37PM
Platform:  Delphi 7, QuickPDFLibrary components QuickPDF0724

Starting with a scan of a paper form, I can create a .Pdf form, with fillable fields, using a Pdf form converter (PDF Viewer+ from Nuance).  From within my Delphi application, I want to programatically populate the fields with various data, such as name, address, telephone number etc.

My question is... how, using QuickPDFLibrary, can I programatically discover the "fields" that the Pdf form creator has created?  In the event that the fields are named "FIELD1", "FIELD2", etc., How can I rename those fields so that they more closely match the data that should go in them. How can I then actually populate the fields with data, then how do I save the form, with the data, so that the form can them be printed or emailed, complete with the data entered programmatically?

All the data that must be entered is simple text.  No images or sound files.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 7:25PM
Hi Red!

You're here since last October...?
It's already here what you want.
Have a look at www.quickpdflibrary.com at the knowledgebase.
Here's a sample from Rowan:
http://help.quickpdflibrary.com/questions/83/how-do-i-create-pdf-forms-with-quick-pdf-library
There are many other helpful answers.
You should search here in the forum and
in the knowledgebase with "FormField".

Cheers, Ingo

RedOctober View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedOctober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 11 at 11:10PM
Hi Ingo,

Knowing the correct term to search for is half the battle.  Thank you for the link, and of course, QuickPDFLibrary proves to be a powerful tool once again.  Sorry for my dumb question.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic