Do you own a Debenu Quick PDF Library version 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 or iSEDQuickPDF license? Upgrade to Debenu Quick PDF Library 14 today!

Debenu Quick PDF Library - PDF SDK Community Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > For Users of the Library > I need help - I can help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Extracting Special Characters is missing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extracting Special Characters is missing
    Posted: 13 Nov 10 at 11:03AM
Hi,
If I try to extract words from a pdf file, the special Turkish Characters are missing.
I don't have the source codes. It's clear that the extracting functions are skipping them while extracting.

Is there any solution for that?

Thanks
Ingo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 10 at 6:40PM
Hi!

Please use the advanced search function (above) with "chinese"...
http://www.quickpdf.org/forum/search_results_posts.asp?SearchID=20101113183854&KW=Chinese

Cheers and welcome here,
Ingo

Thedino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 10 at 10:14PM
Hi Ingo,
I searched but I couldn't the solution.  My code is below. Could you please fix that?
Thanks

PDFLibrary := TQuickPDF0721.Create;
      err := PDFLibrary.UnlockKey('my key');
      err := PDFLibrary.AddSubsettedFont('Times New Roman', 13 ,'ĞŞİğış');
      str := PDFLibrary.ExtractFilePageText('C:\OCRTest\TXT\gk2.pdf', '', 1, 3);

memo1.Lines.Add(  Utf8ToAnsi(str ));

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 10 at 12:09AM
Well, what is missing? Are they some other character or just not showing up? Based on your code you are converting an UTF-8 encoded string to Ansi. Now depending on that function, your Turkish characters are probably being stripped since they are not part of the Ansi character set. So debug your code and see if str has the correct characters before you call Utf8ToAnsi which is most likely stripping them.

Wheeley
Thedino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 10 at 8:48AM

Wheeley,

They are missing. I debuged millions of time. They are just missing. If I get any other character such as a box or something, I can find a way to convert. But they are missing.

Thedino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 10 at 7:13AM
I sent a message through the official support link with the samples a week ago about this problem. But no answer. I just received an automatic "your message received" email. That's it.

Very interesting..!

Wheeley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheeley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 10 at 7:31AM
Be patient. They will get to you. Right now they are trying to wrap up a new release and need to fix all the stuff they know is broken.

Wheeley

Thedino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 11 at 9:23PM
Two months passed, still no answer.
Rowan View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rowan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 11 at 1:07PM
What is your case number? Do you mean no answer at all or just no bug fix provided?
Dimitry View Drop Down
Team Player
Team Player

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dimitry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 11 at 12:28PM
There is special function called GetSubsetString().
This function remaps Unicode characters that were added to the font subset to the corresponding character codes assigned to the glyphs in the subsetted font.
Please try attached code snippet. Hope 'ouput.pdf' contains what you need.

var
  QPL: TQuickPDF;
  t, s: string;
begin
  QPL := TQuickPDF.Create;
  try
    with QPL do
    begin
      t := UTF8Decode('ĞŞİğış');
      AddSubsettedFont('Times New Roman', 13, t);
      s := GetSubsetString(t);
      SetOrigin(1);
      DrawText(100, 100, s);
      SaveToFile('output.pdf');
    end;
  finally
    QPL.Free;
  end;

Edited by Dimitry - 11 Jan 11 at 12:28PM
Regards,
Dmitry
Thedino View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thedino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 11 at 7:44PM
I Just received an answer today that the problem is located and fixed in the next release 7.24 ..!
I knew that it was a bug..! 

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic